Frequently asked questions
Which file formats can I convert from?
Currently the conversion tool only supports conversion of .pwx files used mainly by Timex gps tools such as the
Timex Global Trainer and Timex Run Trainer watchs.
What file formats can I convert to?
The conversion tool allows you to translate .pwx files in to two possible file formats:
1. GPX - A GPS exchange format based on an XML schema, designed as a common GPS data format
for software applications.
2. TCX - Training Center XML, Similar to GPX since it exchanges GPS tracks, but treats a track
as an Activity rather than simply a series of GPS points.
How do I export my workouts from my Timex device?
In order to export and convert your workouts from your timex device please follow these steps:
1. Connect your device to your PC/Mac.
2. On the device go to 'PC Sync' mode.
3. Launch the 'Timex Device Agent' application.
4. In the Device Agent preferences make sure 'Save to Disk' is selected.
5. In the Device Agent application make sure your device is selected under 'Device' and under 'Port'.
5. Click the 'Download' button.
6. Once the device agent finishes the download process, select the workouts you would like to save
and press the 'Save' button.
7. In the Device Agent application menu select 'File'->'View Saved Files', this will open the
local folder in which the workouts are saved.
8. Now you can copy the workouts you want to a known location such as your desktop.
How do I convert my workouts from .pwx to .gpx or .tcx?
Once you exported your workouts from your timex device, go to our conversion tool and follow these steps:
1. Select the file you would like to convert by clicking the blue text box,
which will open a file selection panel.
2. Locate the file you would like to convert, select and and press 'open'.
3. Once you selected the file choose the format you would like to convert to .gpx or .tcx.
4. Make sure that your time zone is properly selected in the conversion tool.
5. Click the convert button and wait for the file to appear under the files list.
6. Click on the download link next to the file name under the files list.
7. Once you downloaded the file, you can submit it to Strava or Gamin connect.
At the current time, We know that there are a number of issues we are working to fix.
1. At the moment 'Garmin Connect' only accepts .gpx files from our conversion tool.
Strava accepts both .gpx and .tcx files created with our tool.
2. There seems to be a grouping issue in strava where Strava will not group rides with other riders.
We are working on resolving this issue.
us on Facebook to spread the word and help other timex users find us.